Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Surrogate, Part Three: Deliverance": In the rubble left by the collapsed building, Batman and Leslie Thompkins battle to save Neisha and her baby while L'Shea just wants the baby alive. L’Shea is surprised to learn Batman has disc
Appearing in "The Surrogate, Part Three: Deliverance"
- L'Shea (Helen Dupris)
- Neisha Dupris (Dies)
Synopsis for "The Surrogate, Part Three: Deliverance"
In the rubble left by the collapsed building, Batman and Leslie Thompkins battle to save Neisha and her baby while L'Shea just wants the baby alive. L’Shea is surprised to learn Batman has discovered that she is not Neisha’s sister, but is instead her mother, having borne Neisha at 14 years old. The baby, a boy, is safely delivered by Caesarean section but is in desperate need of oxygen. Batman manages to open a small escape hole in which L'Shea uses to exit the building and rush to the hospital. Batman and Leslie then turn their attention to Neisha, but the young girl cannot be saved.
After freeing himself and Leslie from the building, Batman then pursues Mister Freeze, who is behind everything that has been happening even though Batman believes him to be on the payroll of someone else as well. And though the Dark Knight does not discover who this is, he suspects L'Shea could be more involved in her husband's criminal activities than she admits. The baby is passed off as L'Shea's and the singer starts being hailed as a 'miracle mom', given the fact that she was the only survivor of his husband's gang. The next day, Leslie visits Bruce and suggests that he should “change careers” and become a doctor like his father, given his excellent skills during the operation. He agrees to consider it, though both likely already know the answer.
Appearing in "The Tailor, Part Five"
- The Tailor
Synopsis for "The Tailor, Part Five"
The Tailor contacts his ex-wife, sends her thousands of dollars, and gets her to leave town with their daughter, as his former colleagues in crime are after him, and may use them to get to him. He then uses all the resources at his disposal to make some armor which will be able to withstand the assault of Lightning, Roam and Bullet, his former friends, who are fast approaching.
- This book was first published on April 7, 2004.
- Instead of the monthly "DC In Demand" section, the last page of this issue is dedicated to Julius Schwartz, in order to commemorate his life and work in the comic book industry. Schwartz passed away on February 8, 2004; four months prior to the release of this issue.
- On The Tailor, a poster with Barbara Gordon as Batgirl can bee seen on the background.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 793 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- All-Star Batman
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Links and References
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.