Diana, Princess of the Amazons of Earth-Two was born on the mystical Paradise Island several hundred years before she became known to the outside as Wonder Woman. Isolated from the cruelty and corruption of men and their ways, the Amazons lived in peace and advancement openly working with and obeying the will of the Olympus gods. Longing for a child of her own, Hippolyte the Queen of the Amazons, begged for the gods to grant her request and turn her perfect clay statue into a real girl. Sympathic to Hippolyte's request, the gods relented and animated the statue with true life and the girl immediately leapt off the pedestal and into her mother's arms.
Pleased with the child, Hippolyte began to raise "her" daughter as an Amazon with all the station and privilege of her mother's royalty. Diana would age slowly and stop aging altogether upon reaching her adulthood as with all of the Amazons. Diana would continue to excel surpassing most of her Amazon sisters in her skills and intelligence.
Diana would continue to perform as a contented Amazon until the fated day when Captain Steve Trevor crash landed on Paradise Island. Never haven seen a true man before Diana was immediately attracted to the handsome man despite his extensive injuries. Violating the Island rules about taking in outsiders, Diana took the unconscious Trevor back to the Amazons in an attempt to save his life. Pleading with her mother to save the man, Hippolyte relented and used the life healing Purple Ray on Trevor saving his life.
Discovering the outside world was engaged in full world wide war, Diana wanted to participate and help stop the war. Hippolyte refused stating that she and the others should not get involved in the ways of the outsiders. But when the goddess Aphrodite declared that it was time for an Amazon to travel to "Man's World" and fight the evil of the Nazis, a tournament was held to determine who would be the Amazon champion. Although forbidden by Hippolyte to participate in the tournament, Princess Diana did so nevertheless, concealing her identity with a mask. Upon winning Diana revealed her identity to her heartbroken mother who feared that she would never see her daughter again.
After winning the tournament and revealing her true identity, Queen Hippolyte relented and allowed her daughter to wear the costume of Wonder Woman and travel to the outside world. Diana returned Steve Trevor to the United States and adopted the identity of an Army nurse named Diana Prince so she could be close to Trevor as he recovered from his injuries.
Now known as glasses wearing Diana Prince, Princess Diana began to operate as Wonder Woman publicly and forged papers that allowed her to become the recently promoted Major Trevor's and Col. Darnell's confidential assistant.
She would continue in this position fighting crime alongside the Justice Society of America (on Earth-Two) as their first female member though she would be regulated to subservient duties performing as an actual Secretary for the Justice Society despite her beyond superhuman strength and abilities. Diana would rejoin the team when it reformed as the All Star Squadron and expanded.
Diana would continue to perform as an open crime fighter after World War Two and resisted being recalled home to Paradise Island after the war preferring to give up her immortality than leave her life of independence and personal identity.
During the 1950s, Diana was able to continue operating as a super powered crime fighter as she had admitted to having no secret identity and stated herself to be a legendary Amazon, unlike many of the other masked heroes who were forced to either reveal their secret private identity or stop operating by the Federal governments committee on un-American Activities. This of course was not truly accurate on Diana's part as she continued to use her alias of Diana Prince.
It was during the 1950s that Diana began to explore fully her romantic interests in her long-time crime fighting partner, Col. Steve Trevor. After a period of courtship, Diana revealed her alias of Diana Prince to Trevor. Initially taken back by the revelation, Trevor and Diana married. Diana would later retired from active duty of the US Navy and decide to become a housewife where she would raise their daughter, Hippolyte "Lyta" Trevor named after Diana's mother.
Diana would continue to remain active as crime fighter, even rejoining the reformed Justice Society of America in the 1960s, though she mostly preferred to spend her time raising her daughter as a stay at home mother. It would be during this time that Diana met her younger Earth-One counterpart. The two would become good friends occasionally inviting the younger Amazon to Earth-Two to enjoy a home cooked meal that the retired General Trevor would usually cook and the two ladies would trade good humored jokes such as the Earth-One Wonder Woman teasingly commenting that she would take the handsome skilled elder Trevor back to teach her own version how to act which the elder Wonder Woman would threaten as a cause for a true World War to be fought over, indicating her own decades long past.
Diana would continue in her role as an elder stateswoman among the superhero community until the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" came to Earth-Two and erased all of its existence from reality. Diana fought well and was protected from erasure at the end of the Crisis by ascending to Mount Olympus along with her husband as both were erased and forgotten by the history of new Primary Earth other than by their daughter who was reformatted into the new universe to be the daughter of Helena Kosmatos (Fury).
Diana and Trevor would be seen as her goddess being during the recent return of Kal-L and his wife Lois Lane-Kent along with Alexander Luthor, Jr. and Superboy-Prime to the Primary Earth dimension after the Crisis in order to inspire and emotionally aid her most recent counterpart who had lost her center.
Helping the latest Wonder Woman regain herself as a true successor to the title, Princess Diana Trevor and her husband supposedly left the current reality for all time. Whether this happens to be truth or not remains to be seen as she has appeared on several occasions, mostly as an apparition.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- The Earth Two Wonder Woman survived the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and went to live among the Pre-Crisis Gods of Mount Olympus along with husband, General Steve Trevor. When the Gods of Olympus and their separate native dimension are seen after the Crisis, the Earth Two Wonder Woman and Trevor are no longer there, nor recalled by the Gods indicating that the Crisis affected all levels of reality, not just the physical world. Since the Crisis, she has been seen mostly as a non-corporeal being except but for on a few occasions.
- Although Wonder Woman maintained a secret identity throughout most of her career, she later publicly revealed her identity after marrying Steve Trevor. 
- Wonder Woman's first Golden Age appearance was in All-Star Comics #8, but her first appearance as Earth-Two specific character was in Flash (Volume 1) #129. This appearance is usually dismissed as a cameo though it is technically her first appearance as the Wonder Woman of the Justice Society of Earth-Two. Her first full appearance as an elder member of the Justice Society was in Flash (Volume 1) #137.
- In the Pre-Crisis continuity, Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor gave birth to a daughter named Hippolyta Trevor. Hippolyta (Lyta for short) became a member of the Earth-Two super-hero team, Infinity, Inc. In the Post-Crisis continuity, the war-time Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor were rendered apocryphal and Lyta's parentage was retconned to include Helena Kosmatos, the Golden Age Fury as her biological mother and Joan Dale, the superheroine known as Miss America, as her foster mother.
- All-Star Comics
- All-Star Comics #8 (First appearance)
- All-Star Squadron
- Sensation Comics
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XXVI (Wonder Woman biography page)
- 438 Appearances of Diana of Paradise Island (Earth-Two)
- 48 Images featuring Diana of Paradise Island (Earth-Two)
- 4 Quotations by or about Diana of Paradise Island (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Diana of Paradise Island (Earth-Two)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Justice Society of America member