Diana of Paradise Island, better known as Wonder Woman, was a founding member of the Justice League of America, also known as the Super Friends.
Diana was a clay figure created in the form of a human baby girl by Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons on Paradise Island, who was granted life by the will of the gods. She was given superhuman abilities such as great strength and speed by the gods themselves. When she became a young adult, Aphrodite appeared unto Hippolyta to tell her that she must send the strongest Amazon maiden to help fight the war and crush evil in the outer world. Hippolyta then held a tournament for all Amazons to participate in order to choose the strongest among them to send to the United States. However, though Diana wanted to participate, her mother forbade her from doing so, saying that the winner will have to give up her birthright of eternal youth and beauty. Nonetheless, Diana participated in the tournament as a masked contestant and won, revealing herself to be Diana afterward. Though deceived, Hippolyta nonetheless conceded to the wishes of the gods and gave her the costume and armaments of Paradise Island's representative to the outer world, who would become known by them as Wonder Woman. She became one of the founding members of the Super Friends.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Telekinesis: Limited to manipulation of her magic lasso and her invisible jet.
- Bracelet: Silver bracelets which she wears and uses to deflect bullets and energy beams.
- Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane: Invisible jet which she can control telepathically and is able to travel both in the air and through space.
- Lasso of Truth: She can control it telepathically.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Super Friends, and its tie-in comic book series, and is an adaptation of Princess Diana/Wonder Woman. The original character was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter and first appeared in All-Star Comics #8.
- "Secret Origins of the Super Friends" is confusing regarding when Diana was "born" and when she became Wonder Woman. The year 1941 is mentioned but it is not clear if that was when she was born or when she became Wonder Woman. It may be a subtle reference to the date of the first comic Wonder Woman appeared in (All-Star Comics #8 Dec 1941)
- Wonder Woman was voiced by three different actors:
- Shannon Farnon voiced the character for Super Friends through the 1983 season. She later reprised the role in a Cartoon Network commercial featuring the Super Friends, the Legion of Doom, and the Powerpuff Girls.
- Constance Cawlfield voiced the characters for Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show which aired in 1984.
- B.J. Ward voiced the characters for The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians which aired in 1985.
- Darkseid wants to make Wonder Woman his queen.
- 125 Appearances of Diana of Paradise Island (Super Friends)
- 7 Images featuring Diana of Paradise Island (Super Friends)
- 5 Quotations by or about Diana of Paradise Island (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Diana of Paradise Island (Super Friends)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.