This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
Dirk Morgna aka Sun Boy is the solar energy manipulating member of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
Working as a assistant at his father's nuclear power plant, he was delivering some basic supplies to one of the scientists, Dr. Zaxton Regulus, however the machine he is working on explodes resulting in the death of Zarl Hendricks who also worked at the plant.
Dr. Regulus blames the accident, and his subsequent dismissal, on the interruption. He gets his revenge on Dirk Morgna by throwing him in an atomic reactor. This did not kill Dirk as it is revealed that he is a Metahuman with a "one-in-a-million genetic structure", the radiation is absorbed into his body and gives him the power to generate heat and light.
Dirk applies for the Legion of Super-Heroes, as Sun Boy, but is rejected as he has only demonstrated his ability to generate light. He is later accepted when he shows his heat-generation ability.
- Unique Physiology: As a metahuman Dirk's latent physiology enabled him to survive the nuclear accident that grants him his powers.
- Aviation: Sun Boy was an above-average pilot and frequently piloted the Legion LX-811 space cruisers.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): As a cadet, all potential members of the Legion undergo personal combat training.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Sun Boy possessed a small degree of understanding when it came to 30th century technology, and could often be found repairing Legion star cruisers.
- Photography: Sun Boy was an amateur photographer, but typically only engaged in the activity as a hobby in his spare time.
- Vulnerability to Reflections: Sun Boy's power to radiate light and heat can be reflected back on him by mirrors, jewels and even creatures that possess reflective physical characteristics.
- Nyctophobia: Sun Boy has a fear of the dark. Fortunately for Dirk, his powers compensate for this fear, and it rarely presents a problem for him.
- 345 Appearances of Dirk Morgna (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 21 Images featuring Dirk Morgna (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 4 Quotations by or about Dirk Morgna (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Dirk Morgna (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Sun Boy at dccomics.com
- Sun Boy at Wikipedia.org
- Hero History of Sun Boy at Major Spoilers
- Sun Boy profile at Legion Roll Call
- Sun Boy profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Legion of Super-Heroes member
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sun Boy. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|