A self-described "unrepentant Nazi master criminal", Otto Netz became obsessed with fifth classical element, which he named "Oroboro". He convinced Adolf Hitler to send him on a mission to England to learn more. Hitler gave him a special cane with a concealed knife in it, but Netz was captured. It seems that he wanted this outcome.
Little is known of Netz after that, except that, years later, he put together an espionage group known as "Spyral" for the UN from a shortlist of exceptional people from across the globe. Under the guise of Agent-Zero, he led the organization. Somewhere along the way, he found the time to father a daughter.
During the Falklands War, he was revealed as a double agent (though who for remains unclear) and was tracked to a base in the Falklands Islands, where a group of heroes manage to trap him, at the cost of four lives.
For years, Doctor Dedalus was unable to leave the island, and slowly succumbed to Alzheimers' disease. However, he was broken out of prison by the terrorist organization Leviathan, and set up as their leader. From this position, he continued his research into "Oroboro" with modern technology, specifically artificial matter. He also continued Leviathan's war against Batman Inc.
In his final showdown, he was killed by Robin with his own concealed knife.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Tactical Analysis: Netz demonstrated the ability to plan amazing death-traps and double-feint operations, leaving those involved confused as to what was going on.
- Dementia: Alzheimers' had begun to render him ineffective without assistance. He required notes of his plans, usually dictated into a microphone and played back.
- The Cloak of Smoke: A cape apparently made of a dark mist, which may help him make speedy getaways and shadowy attacks.
- Netz' nom de crime, taken from the fabled inventor Dedalus, coupled with his wide-brimmed hat, connect the character's appearance and M.O. to the Argentine criminal El Sombrero. It is unknown if there is a connection between the two.[original research?]
- There is an Argentine novel, written by a man known not to exist, about a shadowy mastermind known as Doctor Dedalus. It is unknown if there is a connection between the two.[original research?]
- Otto Netz is also known as Dady 8-Legs, Sleipnir, Spinner and Master Spy.
- Doctor Deadalus has never been seen without his wide-brimmed hat and a set of insect-eye goggles.
- 7 Appearances of Otto Netz (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Otto Netz (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Otto Netz (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Otto Netz (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."