- Don't lecture me on what it means to be Doctor Fate. I picked you for the job. I know all about it. Now stop the temper tantrums before I give you a spanking.
- -- Nabu
Appearing in "The Return of Dr. Fate"
- I... Vampire (Behind the scenes)
Synopsis for "The Return of Dr. Fate"
Eric and Linda Strauss have begun merging into Doctor Fate regularly, and they defeat several minor Demons summoned by amateur occultist Joachim Hesse. One small demon escapes the destruction, and begins hunting Fate down across the city.
Nabu is attempting to learn more about humanity by living as one of them, using Kent Nelson's reanimated corpse as his vessel. Eric and Linda return to find him sitting on their couch watching television sit-coms and getting drunk for the first time, having been oblivious to their desperate need for help. They begin arguing about how under-prepared they are having almost gotten killed, and Eric angrily storms out of the room. Eric reflects in his room alone until Linda comes to apologize, although he is still uncomfortable with her romantic feelings towards him.
Later that evening the demon comes crashing through Linda's window while she's changing, and they merge into Doctor Fate again to blast it. Nabu bursts in to stop them and strikes a conversation with the monster, determining that he is friendly. They decide to let it live with them as a pet, and use rudimentary magic to change it into the form of a dog.
Elsewhere, I... Vampire sits alone in his mansion and laments his condition. His immortality has kept him alive long past since the point where he has grown so weary and tired he longs to die, desperately wishing for the release of eternal sleep. This has also driven him to lose his compassion for humanity.
- This story follows directly from the ending of the recent Doctor Fate mini-series.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Doctor Fate Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Doctor Fate series
- Images from Doctor Fate Vol 2 1