|Affiliation||Lord of Order|
|Base Of Operations||Mobile, formerly the Phantom Zone|
Tuoni, better known as the deadly Dominus started out an alien priest who lived a life of prayer and peaceful meditation. As a Lord of Order, he served as one of the five custodians of his world's faith, Tuoni fell in love with his fellow devotee Ahti. But when Ahti ascended past him and assumed the mantle of Kismet, Illuminator of all Realities, a jealous Tuoni turned to infernal magics to replace his former paramour. Paying no attention to the dangers, Tuoni consulted ancient mystical texts to usurp Kismet's mantle. His attempt to assault and steal Kismet's powers resulted in his body being incinerated. Despite Tuoni's betrayal, Kismet showed mercy, shunting his body into the Kryptonian limbo known as the Phantom Zone.
Whilst in the Phantom Zone, Tuoni's shattered self was discovered by a hologram. The hologram was of Kem-L an ancient Kryptonian scientist who reprogrammed the Eradicator to create his own xenophobic society and is one of Kal-El's ancestors. Kem-L's hologram used his technology to rebuild a body for Tuoni. Now with psionic and vast cosmic powers, Tuoni became Dominus, a Lord of Chaos and escaped the Phantom Zone via the Fortress of Solitude.
Dominus confronted and fought Superman until he appears to be easily defeated by the Man of Steel. However, Dominus actually manipulated reality by switching his appearance with Superman's and had the real hero held captive. Disguised as Superman, Dominus tricked the world by requesting the cooperation of all the world's nations and other superheroes to track down "Dominus" while using the Superman Robots in slowly taking over the world. Superman's friends and allies, however, grew suspicious of "Superman", to the point where Lois Lane teamed up with Lex Luthor to eventually finding the real Superman. They manage to release Superman, who then resume his battle with Dominus in a psychic arena. Using Kryptonian mental disciplines, known as Torquasm Vo, Superman was able to triumph, sending Dominus into the Phantom Zone.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Reality Manipulation: Ability to manipulate reality in cosmic level and vast reality warping powers on a potentially infinite level. His abilities are so great that he can create “pocket” universes in alternate realities. A pocket universe is a cosmos that does not equal our own in size.
- Molecular Manipulation: Ability to re-arrange molecules up to a cosmic scale.
- Telekinesis: Dominus was an incredibly gifted telekinetic, and was capable of amazingly precise use of his telekinesis.
- Telepathy: He can manipulate the minds of others and even higher order animals. He has demonstrated the following specialized uses:
- Telepathic Defense: He can manifest his telepathy in a number of defensive ways.
- Telepathic Cloak: He can mask his presence and the use of his abilities from being detected by other psions and psychic entities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well. Cloaking via telepathy is not perfect and powerful psis may notice and 'see' through this ability.
- Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of others minds.
- Telepathic Camouflage: He can alter the apparent physical appearance of himself and other people by altering the perceptions of those around him. This can go so far as to make other people believe that the camouflaged people are not there e.g. invisible.
- Telepathic Manipulation: He can manipulate other people's minds easily, achieving a variety of effects.
- Mind Control: He can control the thoughts and actions of others.
- Mental Paralysis: He can induce temporary mental or physical paralysis
- Mental Amnesia: He can erase any awareness of particular memories or cause total amnesia.
- Mental Sedating: Can telepathically "sedate" his victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as he continues to "sedate" them.
- Psionic Blast: He can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and turning someone brain-dead.
- Mental Detection: He can sense the presence of another superhuman within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- 9 Appearances of Tuoni (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Tuoni (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Tuoni (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Tuoni (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."