Donnerverse is an unofficial appelaton which refers to the continuity of the Superman movies as envisioned by director Richard Donner. The characters and settings from this reality are patterned after those chronicled in Pre-Crisis Earth-One continuity, but take place in a distinctive separate reality. This reality incorporates events from the four Superman films of the 1970s-80s as well as the Supergirl movie. It does not include the 2006 film Superman Returns, though director Bryan Singer does take a lot of cues from the older films.
Films in the series
Points of Interest
- Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent)
- Jimmy Olsen
- Lois Lane
- Perry White
- Jonathan Kent
- Martha Kent
- Lex Luthor
- Supergirl (Kara Zor-El/Linda Lee)
- Many elements presented in the films are now being re-envisioned in DC Comics. For example, the architecture of Krypton and the crystal lattice design of the Fortress of Solitude as seen in currently published DC Comics mirror the effects used in Superman and Superman II.
- The Superman: The Movie novelizaton, authored by veteran comic writer Elliot S. Maggin includes a prologue which features the Guardians of the Universe. The Guardians are more prominently attached to the Green Lantern mythos, but do make a cameo in the prologue to the novel.
- Characters from Donnerverse
- Other things related to Donnerverse
- Donnerverse's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Donnerverse
Links and References