The new Doom Patrol puts itself back together after nearly being destroyed, and things start to get a lot weirder for everybody. The Chief leads Robotman, the recently formed [[Lawrence Trainor (New Earth)|Rebi
- Remember when all the other kids on the block had Superman and Batman as positive role models? Well, if you could identify with a human brain in a metal body or a guy wrapped up in bandages and if you grew up weird, welcome home. You're among friends now.
The new Doom Patrol puts itself back together after nearly being destroyed, and things start to get a lot weirder for everybody. The Chief leads Robotman, the recently formed Rebis and new member Crazy Jane against the Scissormen, part of a dangerous philosophical location that has escaped into our world and is threatening to engulf reality itself. The Patrol overcomes their personal problems and realizes that freaks and misfits though they might be, they're the only heroes around with what it takes to save the day.
- Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #19
- Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #20
- Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #21
- Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #22
Items: None known.
Vehicles: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- This storyline is significant for being the first arc in Grant Morrison's critically acclaimed run on Doom Patrol (Volume 2). Paul Kupperberg, the previous writer, took advantage of the Invasion! crossover to remove all characters from the team that Morrison did not want to use. Celsius was killed by the Alien Alliance. Scott Fischer died from the Gene Bomb, which also sent Lodestone into a coma. Karma left on his own because he was still on the run from the law. Negative Woman lost her connection with the negative spirit during a fight with Garguax.
- Grant Morrison has stated that he was asked to work on the Doom Patrol by editor Bob Greenberger after the latter saw his work on the script for Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. He accepted because he was so interested in bringing the team back to the original feel it had at its inception.
- No trivia.
- Doom Patrol