Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Doomsday was an artificially-created alien lifeform that was developed to be the ultimate soldier. However, as its creators realized that it was unable to distinguish friend from foe, Doomsday was placed in cryogenic suspended animation and sent via spaceship to a distant planet, with a warning to any that came across discovering him. The ship carrying Doomsday landed on planet Earth about thousands of years ago, laying undisturbed outside the area of Metropolis until Lex Luthor's Project Applecore team of drillers unearthed it, accidentally causing Doomsday to be thawed out and let loose on a destructive killing rampage that led the creature straight to Metropolis. Superman, who at the time was spending some private time with Lois Lane in his Fortress of Solitude, was alerted to Doomsday's presence and flew to Metropolis to deal with the creature, only to find it incredibly strong and nearly impossible to stop, causing great physical injury to Superman in the process. Ultimately, Superman flew Doomsday up above the stratosphere into space and then drove it back down to the ground, where it finally laid lifeless in the impact crater. What happened to its body is unknown.
- Superhuman Strength: Doomsday is an extremely powerful biological-based engineered creature. Its strength capacity seems almost limitless, and still in regards to its strength, but on a more direct level, it is accepted that it is stronger than Superman. It can lift and/or press at least 100,000 tons, if not more; therefore, it can lift cars, other types of machinery, and even buildings with its might.
- Superhuman Speed: Although rarely displayed, while Doomsday can't move nearly as fast as Kryptonians, it can, however, react and maneuver faster than the healthiest and strongest human athlete who partakes in daily exercise, often appearing as a dark blur to humans.
- Invulnerability: Doomsday is able to resist incredibly powerful blows from Superman, as well as being tossed through buildings and electrocuted.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Most surprising are its reflexes and speed considering its bulked and built size. It is able to catch punches thrown by Superman, though the hero was tired at that moment, so how fast Doomsday's reflexes are is debatable.
- Super-Leaping: It is incapable of flight but due to its extremely dense muscles in its legs, it can leaps incredibly high into the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: Doomsday can maintain continuous movement and strenuous exercise for unlimited periods of time without ever getting weary or tired in the process, and in that regard, it can battle other aliens for extended amounts of time before tiring.
- Target Sense: It can, through a special internalized Heads-Up Display, sense the danger level of any particular organism it comes across, but usually considers any target to be dangerous regardless.
- Healing Factor
- Environmental Adaption
- This version of the character is native to the Superman: Doomsday animated feature film.
- 1 Appearances of Doomsday (Superman: Doomsday)
- 1 Images featuring Doomsday (Superman: Doomsday)
- Quotations by or about Doomsday (Superman: Doomsday)
- Character Gallery: Doomsday (Superman: Doomsday)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."