Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Doris Zuel is the giantess Giganta.
As a child, Doris Zuel was bullied because of a rare blood disease. When she got older, she tried to cure herself with a radical procedure that gave her the power to change her size. However the cure came with a side-effect that reduced her intellect.
Doris Zuel was among the many supervillains to join the Secret Society. She assisted the Vandal Savage and Signalman into tracking Pandora. When the three villains attacked Pandora, Pandora successfully subdued Giganta. After her first encounter with Pandora, Giganta returned for revenge. While facing Pandora, Pandora looked into Giganta's soul and learned of her past.
Agent of S.H.A.D.E
Giganta was recruited by agents of S.H.A.D.E to serve as a supernormal asset, fighting vampires and other monsters. She was tempted by the offer of a pardon for her crimes almost as much for the chance to kill things.
- Size Alteration: Ability to increase her size to several hundred feet in seconds.
- Superhuman Strength: Above average in normal form, superhuman when gigantic.
- Superhuman Durability: Her durability is superhuman when in gigantic form.
- Sonic Cry: In gigantic size, Giganta possesses a rumbling voice that, when shouting, is capable of causing a potent sonic attack, able to damage and stun opponents or objects, to the point of shattering glass and damage buildings.
- Genius Level Intellect (formerly): Dr. Zuel was a brilliant scientist, but the procedure that gave her the power to change her size also reduced her intellect.
- Giganta was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter, first appearing in Wonder Woman #9. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Giganta first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Swamp Thing (Volume 5) #13 by Scott Snyder and Yanick Paquette.
- 35 Appearances of Doris Zuel (Prime Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Doris Zuel (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Doris Zuel (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Doris Zuel (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
Suicide Squad member