- Long live the Legion!
- -- Wildfire src
- -- Wildfire src
Drake Burroughs was born some time in the late 30th century. As a young man he attended Metropolis University. One day, while studying at the University research center, Drake was caught in a laboratory explosion that completely destroyed his body. For reasons unknown, his consciousness survived, and the atoms of his body reconstituted themselves as pure antimatter. A scientist named Professor Vultan created a specially designed suit to contain Drake's energy form. The suit enabled Drake the ability to function in a relatively normal existence, and it also provided him the ability to channel a wide variety of new energy-based powers through the suit. Calling himself ERG-1, Drake applied for membership in the Legion of Super-Heroes. Unfortunately, the Legion maintained a policy which forbad inclusion of members whose powers duplicated those of other members. ERG-1's power-set included abilities shared by others such as Superboy, Colossal Boy and Shrinking Violet. As such, his application for membership was rejected.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Unique Physiology: A being of pure anti-matter energy, Wildfire possessed a variety of superhuman abilities. Wildfire no longer has a physical body, however his essence must be contained within a specially designed suit.
- Superhuman Strength: Wildfire possessed a strength level many times greater than that of the average human.
- Energy Projection: Wildfire could produce concentrated blasts of pure energy for offensive attack.
- Energy Absorption: As such, he could also absorb large amounts of energy, without any undue stress to his form.
- Flight: Wildfire could travel at faster than light speeds without the aid of external applications.
- Invulnerability: Although Wildfire's containment suit can be destroyed, his energy body is virtually invulnerable and can only be dispersed under the most extreme of conditions.
- X-Ray Vision: Like his teammate, Superboy, Wildfire possessed the ability to see through varying layers of solid objects.
- Energy Construct Creation: Another application of Wildfire's energy projection, was the ability to generate simple hard-light constructs. The properties of this ability are similar to that produced by a Green Lantern Ring, but Wildfire can only create simple geometric constructs. 
- Size Alteration: Wildfire could expand his mass and volume several times greater than normal, allowing him to achieve heights similar to that of Colossal Boy. In contrast, he could compact the density of his molecular structure to assume a miniaturized form, similar to that of teammate Shrinking Violet. 
- No Physical Body: Drake can't keep his body solid without the use of a containment suit.
- Containment Suit
- ERG-1 stands for Energy Reaction Generator 1.
- 197 Appearances of Drake Burroughs (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 25 Images featuring Drake Burroughs (Pre-Zero Hour)
- 19 Quotations by or about Drake Burroughs (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Drake Burroughs (Pre-Zero Hour)
- Drake Burroughs (Pre-Zero Hour) at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #25
- Wildfire appearances list
- Wildfire biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Legion of Super-Heroes member