Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
- I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people.
- -- General Zod src
General Dru-Zod is a former Kryptonian military general and Superman's first major enemy. Exiled to the Phantom Zone by his people for treason, he survived the destruction of Krypton and led a group of survivors to invade Earth and restore the Kryptonians' former glory.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the effects of a "yellow" sun, General Zod possesses the same potential powers as an average Kryptonian. These include:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of General Zod's super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Their biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and their bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: General Zod can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. can vary the heat and area affected.
- Super-Hearing: General Zod's hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Enhanced Vision General Zod's vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: General Zod can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, they can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows them to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. General Zod's can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. They can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived - such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans - is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: General Zod's can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: General Zod is able to manipulate graviton particles to defy the forces of gravity and achieve flight. This ranges from hovering to moving in any posture, in any direction.
- Invulnerability: Due to the interaction of dense molecular structure and supercharged bio-electric aura, General Zod is nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, extends this protection against toxins and diseases.
- Superhuman Stamina: General Zod is able to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. This based on body converting yellow solar radiation directly to energy, but is limited by physiological and psychological needs to eat, drink, and sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: General Zod's strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of musculature. strength is more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass.
- Superhuman Speed: General Zod is able to move at incredible speed by sheer force of will. This extends to perceptions and allows for feats such as catching bullets in mid flight as well as covering vast distances in little or no time.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: General Zod is able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from lungs. can chill the air as it leaves lungs to freeze targets. can also reverse the process to pull large volumes of air or vapor into lungs.
- Military Protocol: He is a experienced tactician, able to coordinate battle strategies superior to human military forces.
- Expert Combatant: A member of Krypton's warrior caste, Zod was trained in the fighting arts since early childhood.
- Indomitable Will: Having being a soldier his whole life, Zod displays an unyield resolve and a brutal pragmatist in the face of danger. A testament to his strength of will was his ability to control his super senses after being exposed to yellow sunlight without his protective helmet.
- Leadership: Despite his brutality and pragmatism, or perhaps because of them, Zod is a skilled leader, able to inspire his followers to seek victory at any cost and destroy anyone who stood in their way. He directed both the uprising on Krypton and the hunt for Kal-El on Earth.
- Obession: Zod's obsession in Krypton's old militaristic ways is a major flaw in his character. Even when Jor-El advised that Kryptonians could live in peace with humanity, Zod ignores him and continued his plan to conquer Earth. Ultimately, this characteristic leads to his death, as Zod believed that if he could not save his people, he could at least earn an honorable death in battle.
- Solar Energy Dependency: Whenever he is exposed to the red sun of his homeworld, Zod loses his superpowers. When he is exposed to Earth's yellow sun without his protective helmet, the excessive power buildup increases Zod's senses to the point he is overwhelmed by the constant images and sounds detected by his X-ray vision and super-hearing. Thanks to his mental strength, however, he quickly gained control of his senses.
- Zod was portrayed by Michael Shannon.
- 2 Appearances of Dru-Zod (DC Extended Universe)
- 4 Images featuring Dru-Zod (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Dru-Zod (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Dru-Zod (DC Extended Universe)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."