After being scolded by the Kandorians for failing to live up to his many goals (enlarge them, cure Kryptonite, end crime, etc.), Superman used a machine he devised powered by the various forms of Kryptonite in order to increase his intellect a hundredfold in order to complete his tasks; it succeeded, but also split him into two near-identical beings, Superman-Red and Superman-Blue. Together, they created a New Krypton from the remains of the old and enlarged Kandor on it, created an anti-evil ray which ended all villainous tendencies (the use of which caused a reformed Lex Luthor to develop a panacea that cured all physical ailments and defects), and transformed their Earth into a paradise. Retiring, Superman-Red married Lois Lane and moved with her to New Krypton, while Superman-Blue wed and remained on Earth with Lana Lang, devoting himself to science and tasking his Superman Robots with solving any future natural disasters.
- The Amazing Story of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue! was originally published as an imaginary story, a story outside of regular continuity. However Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium retconned it into being set on another Earth.
The idea of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue was given a post-Crisis twist with Superman Red/Superman Blue Vol 1 1
- Characters from Earth-162
- Other things related to Earth-162
- Earth-162's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-162
Links and References