Earth-8 is one of fifty-one divergent realities that branched from the core New Earth reality during the recreation of the Multiverse shortly following the events of Infinite Crisis. Its equivalent of Earth, the planet known as Angor, is under virtual global control by the United States of Angor, apart from an ominous "Russian wasteland". A few years ago, the Metahuman Act was passed by the United States government, requiring all metahumans to submit to official control or face legal penalties extending to brutal prison stays.
Points of Interest
- United States of Angor
- Los Angeles (The Temple of Dreamology)
- New York City (The Experiment House)
- Philadelphia (The White Tower)
- The Meta Militia
- The Extremists
- the Zen Men
- Eagle (deceased)
- Herr Superman
- Louis Marino
- It is one of the alternate realities of the post-Infinite Crisis Multiverse.
- It is based on the pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths and pre-Infinite Crisis worlds of Angor.
- It's history is somewhat similar to that of New Earth and Earth-Prime, with certain alterations: the Presence is known as "Deity", the planet Earth is called Angor, and the Second Gulf War took place in Iran, not Iraq.
- Like the pre-Crisis depiction of the inhabitants of Angor, the inhabitants of Earth-8 are explicit analogues to the characters of Marvel Comics. Also the events centering around the Metahuman Act is a nodding parody of Marvel's Civil War.
- Characters from Earth-8
- Other things related to Earth-8
- Earth-8's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-8
Links and References
- List of DC Multiverse worlds at Wikipedia