Earth-Five was a reality with no superheroes. Phantom Stranger allowed Batman and Robin a chance to intervene in a confrontation where the Bruce Wayne of Earth-Five would lose his parents to a mugger. This raised ethical questions of whether or not it was moral to save the lives of the Wayne family when it would deprive the world of its greatest hero. Batman thwarted the mugger regardless, and the young Bruce Wayne was so inspired by witnessing this act of heroism that he started training and grew up to become a similar bat-themed hero, but this time not one born of tragedy.
- This reality was named as Earth-Five in Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium.
- According to Robin of Earth-One, this Earth seemed to have no heroic mythology (no Camelot, Hercules, Robin Hood, Odysseus, or Gilgamesh). However, one of the books this Earth's Bruce Wayne gets after being inspired is Conan-Doyle's Sherlock Holmes.
- Characters from Earth-Five
- Other things related to Earth-Five
- Earth-Five's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth-Five
Links and References