Earth 2 was the home of eight heroes known as the Eight Wonders of the World. They were led by the Ternion of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. These heroes became embroiled in a war with Apokolips when Boom Tubes brought Steppenwolf and his Parademons to attack and conquer. The Ternion was killed in altruistic attempts to bring down the Parademons' towers and protect the citizens of the planet. Two of the last remaining Wonders, Robin and Supergirl were taken from the world, when they entered a Boom Tube in pursuit of a figure they saw and found themselves on another world.
Five years after the Apokolips War ended, new Wonders arose. A young man named Jay Garrick was imbued with super-speed by the god Mercury himself. Jay would later encounter the genetically altered treasure hunter Hawkgirl, who had had wings implanted onto her body. Elsewhere, the young billionaire media mogul Alan Scott of the Galaxy Broadcasting System would lose his fiancé in a tragic train crash, and at the same time, gain great power thanks to an elemental force called the Green Flame. Along with other heroes created by the World Army, these new Wonders would face new threats, including the remaining forces of Steppenwolf's armies.
This universe's version of Earth was chosen by the courtiers of Apokolips to be rendered down to sustain their world, which had begun to die after five years without its master Darkseid. The planet was struck with everything they could muster, and in the end they were successful, but not before the Wonders could construct a fleet of twelve generation ships and take to space, hoping to find a new home.
Due to a convergence of fortune, the fleet found a planet, the physical twin of Earth, and with a different-but-compatible ecosystem, in a binary system of a yellow star & a red star. Circumstances caused the fleet to crash, but they proceeded to build colonies on their new world.
- Original Wonders of the World - Disbanded
- Active Heroes/New Wonders
- Earth 2 is based on the earlier concepts of Earth-Two and Earth-2.
- This universe's version of Jay Garrick was seen alongside Barry Allen and the Flashes of numerous parallel universes in a flashback to before the Crisis on Infinite Earths in The Multiversity Guidebook, suggesting this Earth may have had a pre-Crisis counterpart.
- Earth 2 is opposite Earth 3 in the structure of the Multiverse.
- Earth 2 is one end of the "Fox/Sekowsky Axis" in the local Multiverse with Earth 3.
- The ships of the colony fleet that have been shown so far are:
- Overwatch-One - Commanded by Terry Sloan, it was designed to double as a space station. After the planetfall, it remained in orbit.
- TSS Aphrodite - lost with all hands, its fate remains a mystery
- TSS Aurora - Commanded by Red Tornado. It became the basis of the colony Neotropolis, protected by Val-Zod and Power Girl
- TSS Belgica - Commanded by Aquawoman, it seems to be peopled primarily with waterbreathers. It became the basis of the colony New Atlantis
- TSS Endurance - Commanded by Huntress, it became the basis of the colony New Gotham, protected by the new Batman
- TSS Erebus - commanded by Jimmy Olsen, it became the basis of the colony Midwest City, protected by the Flash. Somewhere in or near the city, Jimmy Olsen seems to have built a place called Erebus where he is revered as a guru.
- Characters from Earth 2
- Other things related to Earth 2
- Earth 2's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Earth 2
Links and References