- -- And you shall be a corpse!
- -- Ebeneezer Darrk src
Dr. Ebenezer Darrk is the first known individual assigned to head the League of Assassins by Ra's al Ghul. Although many of the League's leaders over the years have been accomplished martial artists, Dr. Daark himself did not depend on physical prowess, and as an assassin he instead relied upon careful planning and manipulation, ambushes and death traps, as well as a variety of cleverly concealed weapons and poisons. After one of Darrk's assassins was stopped by Batman and a second victim survived an attack, Darrk decided to eliminate the victim personally. However, he was confronted by Batman and even though he managed to place the Dark Knight on a deadly trap, Batman managed to survive and forced Darrk to retreat without achieving his goal.
After a falling out with Ra's, Darrk kidnapped Talia al Ghul. He also had an informant killed, but the man had already told Batman about Darrk's plan to take Talia away. Batman tried to stop him, but he was also captured. Working together with Talia, Batman escaped from Darrk's trap and they tried to take Darrk to the authorities. Darrk tried one last attempt to murder Batman, but he was shot by Talia and finally he collaped on some railroad tracks as a train was passing. He died instantly.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Ebenezer Darrk (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Ebenezer Darrk (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Ebenezer Darrk (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ebenezer Darrk (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
League of Assassins member