- No, villain... a Green Lantern am I... and thus am I your better!
- -- Eddore src
Eddore was the Green Lantern of Sector 1419, and came from the planet Tront. He was a gaseous creature who could assume a variety of shapes. Due to his amorphous nature, Eddore did not wear a standard Green Lantern Ring, but instead possessed a power globe that resided within his body. The power globe performed the same functions as a regular power ring, and also had the vulnerability against yellow.
On his home world of Tront, Eddore fought against a mad Trontian who attempted to conquer the planet by merging all of the planet's populace into a single composite entity. Oddly enough, Eddore later attempted a similar feat, only he had been corrupted by a special Oan power globe that did not have the restrictions of a normal Green Lantern Ring. 
Eddore was killed during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Created by Mike W. Barr, Eddore (along with Arisia) was named after one of the planets in E.E. Smith's Lensmen series.
- Eddore spoke in a pidgin dialect similar to that of the Star Wars character, Yoda.
- 17 Appearances of Eddore (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Eddore (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eddore (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eddore (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."