Edmond is the son of Senator Paul Cathcart who was shot by agents of Miklos Minotaur. Senator Cathcart was working on a law against crime and was thus a danger to Minotaur. Batman vowed to find the Assassin and the Man behind him. Governor Morris however offered Bruce Wayne to become Senator in Cathcart's stead. Bruce contemplated that he would have to stop being Batman if he becomes Senator. Edmond didn't understand why Bruce thought about refusing the offer to become Senator and Bruce told him, that he is Batman. At the same time Oliver Queen clashed with Minotaur over one of his building projects. Green Arrow thought that he would have to concentrate on this business to stop Minotaur thus contemplating to end his career as Green Arrow. He too told Edmond about his alter ego and his worries. Edmond was abducted by Minotaur's men and both Green Arrow and Batman went after him. Neither of the two knew at this point who was under the mask of the other. After Minotaur was arrested Edmond Cathcart started sessions of self-hypnosis to forget the identities of Green Arrow and Batman.
- This version of Edmond Cathart, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Edmond Cathcart (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Edmond Cathcart (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Edmond Cathcart (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Edmond Cathcart (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: