Eduardo Del Toro was a vampire born in Nicaragua more than two-hundred and sixty-five years ago. As an adult he established the prominent Del Toro crime family in Miami, Florida, all of whom were vampires like him. Like many mafioso families of his era, Del Toro offered forth his family's services to those who could no longer rely upon the police. The working poor turned towards Eduardo for justice when others turned their backs on them. Seniors enjoyed Eduardo's philanthropical nature as he made many generous charitable contributions.
Del Toro gained national prestige when he was indicted in 1999, but later acquitted when the trial jury was hopelessly deadlocked.
In 2004, Eduardo was shot to death by Monsignor Declan Kelly in a Miami skyscraper. The impact propelled his body through a window and he fell to his doom, impaling himself on a wooden table umbrella at an outdoor eatery.
In his will, Eduardo named his youngest son, Leto Del Toro as heir to the Del Toro crime family.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
Eduardo suffered the same maladies common to all vampires. Wooden or silver stakes through the heart could kill him. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight would cause his skin cells to ultimately blister and decay.
Eduardo Del Toro is exclusive to the continuity of the Bite Club family of titles.
- 2 Appearances of Eduardo Del Toro, Sr. (Bite Club)
- 1 Images featuring Eduardo Del Toro, Sr. (Bite Club)
- Quotations by or about Eduardo Del Toro, Sr. (Bite Club)
- Character Gallery: Eduardo Del Toro, Sr. (Bite Club)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."