While on assignment for Midway Museum in Iran, archaeologist Edward Dawson discovered the legendary Mithra Meteorite. When he touched it, he was transformed into Lion-Mane, a lion-man bent on destroying humans. He was stopped, and reverted back to human form, when Hawkman destroyed the meteorite.
But upon returning to Midway City, Dawson touched a second Mithra Meteorite in the Midway Museum. Because he carried small pieces of the original stone in his pockets, he again became Lion-Mane. His rampage was again stopped by the combined efforts of Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Dawson did no transform again until during Deron Ved and Corla Tavo's war against Hawkman and Hawkwoman caused him to expose to another Mithra Meteorite. His battle carried him into the upper atmosphere, where the intense cold reverted him back to normal form.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Originally, Lion-Mane was an adversary of Hawkman (Katar Hol). In the revised Post-Hawkworld continuity, he is a foe of Katar's Earth-bound predecessor, Carter Hall.
- 19 Appearances of Edward Dawson (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Edward Dawson (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Edward Dawson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Edward Dawson (New Earth)
|Hawkman and Hawkgirl Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."