Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Edward "Eddie" Walker was a homicide detective working for a division of the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit. Walker became known as the department's volatile "Loose Cannon" for his reckless attitude. Tragedy struck when Eddie was crippled in a car accident, and he was given a desk job. Suffering from deep depression, he considered suicide, but Eddie was dissuaded from carrying it out by Maggie Sawyer and was given a new job investigating recent murders of derelicts in Suicide Slum. Unbeknownst to anyone, the murderer is actually an alien Bloodlines Parasite, Lissik, feeding on the spinal fluids of Metropolis' citizens. Eddie ended up attacked by Lissik, but instead of dying, he inadvertently has the ability to transform into a superhuman abilities and also allowing him to walk again. With his new powers, Eddie teamed-up with the Eradicator against Lissik and two other parasites, Glonth and Pritor, and drive the aliens out of Metropolis. With his new lease in life, Eddie dubbed himself as Loose Cannon and eventually took part in fighting alongside other "New Bloods" heroes that in destroying the alien threat.
During the Infinite Crisis, Loose Cannon was among a small group of heroes contacted by Oracle in attempting to stop a prison breakout at Slabside Penitentiary. Despite subduing some prisoners, most of them were able to escape. He also aided in the effort to clean up Bludhaven after it was bombed.
- Mood Color Transformation: Loose Cannon's skin changes as he gets angrier, thus causing him to get stronger and enabling him to fight stronger opponents.
- Superhuman Strength: When Eddie changes into his hulk-like state, his strength increases to much higher levels. Eddie is been known to able to go toe-to-toe with the Eradicator and the Parasites at the same time and grow stronger as his anger grows. His strength is unknown, but presumably that all his rage stages indicates that his strength is on the same level as Superman's.
- Superhuman Stamina: Loose Cannon's counteracts fatigue poisons that build up in his muscles during physical activity.
- Superhuman Durability: In addition to great strength, Loose Cannon's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury and pain.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to injure Loose Cannon. Loose Cannon is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Leaping Ability: Loose Cannon is able to use his highly developed leg muscles to leap great distances.
- Power Instability: When Eddie reaches his white rage stage, he tends to loose any coherent thought.
- 22 Appearances of Edward Walker (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Edward Walker (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Edward Walker (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Edward Walker (New Earth)
This character was one of the many superpowered individuals introduced during the "Bloodlines" crossover event, where a number of Alien Parasites invaded the Earth and inadvertently activated the Metagene in a number of people. While not necessarily all members of the "Blood Pack", this group of people has come to be known as the "New Bloods". This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "New Bloods" category.