In 1941 on Earth-Two, petty crook "Eel" O'Brian was shot during a botched robbery attempt and his wound contaminated by unknown chemicals which altered his body chemistry, giving him the ability to change shape. Nursed back to health by an order of monks, and now truly repentant, O'Brian embarked on a new career as the crime busting Plastic Man, soon joining the FBI and later becoming their official liaison with the newly formed All-Star Squadron. In late 1942 however, Plas migrated to Earth-X along with numerous other heroes who became collectively known as the Freedom Fighters, and due to the divergence in history on that world (where the Nazis were not defeated for several decades) eventually died in action there.
- This version of Plastic Man, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- This not the Golden Age version of Plastic Man originally published by Quality Comics from 1941 to 1956.
- According to Roy Thomas: "The Rod Reilly introduced in ALL-STAR SQUADRON is, of course, not the one from Earth-X who appeared in FREEDOM FIGHTERS, nor is our Plastic Man the same as any other who has appeared in comics since his original title folded in the mid-50's. In our view, all 1940's DC and Quality Comics Group stories occurred on Earth-Two, even though some of these events were duplicated on Earth-One."
- Appearances of Eel O'Brian (Earth-Two)
- Images featuring Eel O'Brian (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Eel O'Brian (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Eel O'Brian (Earth-Two)
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.