In season 4 when Lois was searching in her father's office in an army base, she told Clark Kent that Ella had died when she was young, and Clark sympathized with her.
In season 10 before Sam Lane left the Kent farm he brought a box filled with memorabilia that Ella had specifically prepared for Lois to find when she was ready to open it. Inside Lois found a blue crystalized bird named Old Blue that belonged to her mother, as well as a series of video tapes Ella made before she died.
In the first tape, Lois learned that her mother had requested that she not be brought to see her in the hospital because she wanted Lois to have happy memories of her. Ella admitted her regret in not being able to be apart of Lois's life but was sure that Lois would become a great woman under the upbringing by the General and that Lois would someone very special a tall dark handsome man. Ella didn't want Lois to feel that her absence from her life would prevent her from sharing her love with the man she meant to be with. Ella reassured her beloved daughter that no matter what, she would always be her mother and she deeply loved her. Lois also finds a card in the box that Ella had made for her Wedding day.
- Ella was portrayed by Teri Hatcher. Teri Hatcher is no stranger to the Superman franchise as she portrayed Lois Lane for 4 seasons on the 90's hit TV series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
- Smallville has continued the pattern that first originated in Superman: The Movie of former actresses who portrayed Lois Lane to return as Ella Lane in a different media. Noel Neill portrayed a young Ella in Superman the movie, While Phyllis Coates portrayed an older Ella (there named "Ellen"), in the first season of the 1990s television series Lois and Clark.
- She died 1995.
- 1 Appearances of Ella Lane (Smallville)
- 1 Images featuring Ella Lane (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Ella Lane (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Ella Lane (Smallville)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: