Ellen Yin is a detective with the Gotham City Police Department.
Previously head of her department in Metropolis, Yin transferred to Gotham looking for new challenges. She has a difficult relationship with Batman in both his crime-fighting persona and his alter-ego, Bruce Wayne; she is sworn to bring the former to justice, and dismisses the latter as a spoiled, arrogant playboy.
When her partner Ethan Bennett is transformed into Clayface, Yin loses one of her best friends in the city. Before she and Batman part ways when they fight Clayface, The Batman handed her a commlink, telling her to call him whenever she needed. Keeping the commlink, Yin calls Batman her new "partner" during a coffee shop meeting with Ethan's best friend, Bruce Wayne.
Ellen Yin secretly worked with Batman and played a part in bringing in the Riddler. She is eventually found out by Chief Angel Rojas and is arrested and suspended, losing her badge. Rojas uses her as bait in a trap to impress the newly appointed Commissioner Jim Gordon. Batman helps her escape and they take down the Riddler along with the Penguin and the Joker. As Rojas handcuffs her, Gordon orders Rojas to release and reinstate her.
- The name "Ellen Yin" is a clear nod to Ellen Yindel, Police Commissioner of Gotham City in Frank Miller's classic "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns."
- 10 Appearances of Ellen Yin (The Batman)
- 1 Images featuring Ellen Yin (The Batman)
- Quotations by or about Ellen Yin (The Batman)
- Character Gallery: Ellen Yin (The Batman)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: