- You CAN'T defeat me again -- not THIS time! I -- I won't LET you !!
- -- King Bee src
Elmer Pane was an exterminator, who one day discovered the secret of altering human beings, to give them the proportional strength of insects. He developed some super-strong thugs, and hired them out to several gangsters. The Justice Society of America shut his operation down, some time during WWII, and he was imprisoned. Later in his own career and earlier in theirs, Elmer Pane "again" contended against the Justice Society. He was freed from a prison cell, in the mid-1940s, by Per Degaton, and was time-shifted back to December of 1941, to play a small part in Per Degaton's second world-takeover scheme. He confronted and was defeated by Hawkman, and seemingly vanished. He may have been returned to his mid-1940s prison cell.
Science Elmer Pane developed a method to imbue human beings with incredible strength, along with some other insectlike characteristics.
- This version of Elmer Pane (New Earth), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 5 Appearances of Elmer Pane (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Elmer Pane (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Elmer Pane (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Elmer Pane (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.