"Europe '92 (Part I of IV) - Concorde to Discord!": The Elongated Man and Sue Dibny are in Paris, France preparing for the Pan-European Economic Conference. Along the way, Ralph prevents the assassin [[Copperhead (Ne
- I said "P.M.S." and I meant "P.M.S."! Parisian Moonlight Syndrome. It never fails. Put a woman on the left bank and hang a moon over the Seine and suddenly she has to find her soul's deepest desire.
Appearing in "Europe '92 (Part I of IV) - Concorde to Discord!"
- Einfahrt Freinhalten (a munitions manufacturer) (First appearance)
- L'Escargot (an assassin) (Only appearance; dies)
- Bradford Smolz (First appearance)
- Ambassador Choux (a French ambassador) (Only appearance; dies)
- Merlot Bordeaux (a French delegate) (First appearance)
- Trampolina (an Italian delegate)
Synopsis for "Europe '92 (Part I of IV) - Concorde to Discord!"
The Elongated Man and Sue Dibny are in Paris, France preparing for the Pan-European Economic Conference. Along the way, Ralph prevents the assassin Copperhead from murdering an important French finance minister. He nearly captures the villain, but suddenly Warp appears and transports Copperhead to safety.
That night, Ralph and Sue attend the conference. As they mingle amongst Europe's most important financial leaders, Sue has a chance encounter with Bito Wladon, the Archduke of Modora. Neither Ralph nor Sue realize that Bito is also the costumed criminal known as Sonar. Sonar flirts with Sue, but angers her by questioning her true feelings towards her husband.
Meanwhile, a strange super-powered terrorist named L'Escargot raids the conference and kills the French ambassador. Ralph springs into action, but Sonar stops L'Escargot's rampage with undulating waves of sonic force.
That evening, Ralph and Sue retire to their hotel rooms. Sue is disturbed by some of Bito's comments concerning her marriage, and Ralph and she get into an argument. They finally make peace with one another, with Ralph asking what will make her feel better. Sue tells him that she wants to go to Sonar's kingdom Modora.
- This four-issue limited series takes place between Justice League Europe #36 and Justice League Spectacular #1.
- There are several references made to the country of Modora, Sonar's native land.
- Einfahrt Freinhalten and Merlot Bordeaux appear next in Elongated Man #3.
- One of the French dignitaries is named Merlot Bordeaux. The name is actually two distinctive types of wine.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Elongated Man Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Elongated Man series
- Images from Elongated Man Vol 1 1
- Elongated Man