Embra was the wife of Anthro. She was a Cro-Magnon woman of the Horse Tribe, but later became a member of the Bear Tribe. Her courtship was impeded by her father Chief Tugg, who insisted that her elder sister Ita be married off first. They found a way around this by holding a contest for the dowry, and she was finally able to marry her beloved. Eventually they had a child together.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Embra's marriage to Anthro was never actually shown. Their ceremony was interrupted by another woman named Nima who believed she had claim to him, and after the two of them fought to a stand-still the series ended on a cliffhanger as to whether or not he would be legally forced to marry them both as the customs of the Bear Tribe. Her next appearance much later showed her to be Anthro's wife, with no sign of the other woman.
- 8 Appearances of Embra (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Embra (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Embra (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Embra (New Earth)
|Prehistoric Character(s) |
This character is or was from the Prehistoric Era, thousands of years in the past, including but not limited to the time of Dinosaurs and the dawning of the species of man. These stories occur traditionally before history was formally recorded, and civilization developed completely.