Emilo Storn was a bio-technician before he became the super villain named Whirlicane after apparently giving himself super powers. He attempted to hi-jack first a fuel train and then a jet-liner before being captured by Superman. Paroled into the custody of S.T.A.R. Labs, he absconded and hatched a scheme to seek revenge on Superman and S.T.A.R. using the artificial man called Lightning, who he created. Unfortunately, Storn hid Lightning's true nature from him, persuading the creature that he was merely a human criminal whom Storn had given super powers to. When Lightning discovered that he was nothing but a robot, he went insane and allowed his powers to run out of control, destroying himself and Storn's lab and seemingly killing Storn.
As Whirlicane, Storn could generate and control winds and create whirlwinds and hurricanes.
- This version of Emilo Storn (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Emilo Storn (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Emilo Storn (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Emilo Storn (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Emilo Storn (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."