Young Justice encountered Empress when she helped Cassie Sandsmark survive a poisonous bite. While at the Olympics to support their former teammate, Arrowette, they discovered her identity when the Empress name slipped out.
Anita Fite had become a hero due to the inspiration of Arrowette. Anita had seen Arrowette stop a thief in a mall, and was so impressed that she began to use her natural abilities to fight for good. There was tension at first between Arrowette and Empress, as Arrowette belived that Empress had simply wanted to replace her in the team, but the girls quickly came to an understanding and became friends.
She hated Agua Sin Gaaz, who apparently had murdered her mother. After battling her grandmother, Anita's parents were reincarnated. She left the team to take care of them.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Mind Control: Empress can coerce others to do simple actions with her voice due to part of the Anti-Life Equation contained in her mind.
- Martial Arts: Being the daughter of a government agent meant that her father insisted she be trained in martial arts. She is traditional black belt in level.
- Occultism: Empress has some understanding of voodoo magic. Her most commonly used spell is teleportation.
- Acrobatics: Showing natural talent for acrobatics from an early age, at this point she could have Olympic aspirations given her acrobatic abilities.
- Melee Combat: She is talented with the Emperor's Stick, able to use it effectively in combat as an escrima stick or as a pair of short swords.
- Piano: Due possibly to her natural agility, she is on level with most professional piano players.
- Singer: Another natural talent, she often sings while playing piano.
Thanks to the blessing from her grandmother, Empress possesses the peak human strength level of a woman her age, size and weight, in addition who engages in intensive regular exercise and combat training. Empress is capable of press lifting at least twice her own weight and can lift 230 lbs while running.
- A strong willed individual, however, can resist and the more danger the command puts a subject in, the greater chance they will resist.
- Empress uses a "sword baton" with a retractable blade. Through the use of the Emperor's Stick, Empress can teleport to any place that she knows that is within 10 miles of her current location as often as she would like. She doesn't need to see her destination, only have a prior knowledge of it (where it is, what it is, the terrain). She needs no concentration or prayer to make it happen. However, if she attempts to bring a passenger, it can be physically taxing to both her and her passenger likening to sprinting for a minute straight.
- The name Anita Fite is an intentional pun; "I need a fight".
- She is usually written as speaking with a Haitian patois.
- 54 Appearances of Anita Fite (New Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Anita Fite (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Anita Fite (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Anita Fite (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: