Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Her hero, how noble. Oh wait. You didn't stop JFK from getting assassinated or make sure Hitler stayed in art school. You saved your mommy. You missed her. And in the supreme act of selfishness, shattered history like a rank amateur. Turned the world into a living hell moments away from destruction. And I'm the villain?
- -- Professor Zoom src
Eobard Thawne was a criminal from the future who recreated the accident that gave Barry Allen his superpowers as the Flash and became the criminal known as the Reverse Flash. In the original timeline, he had masterminded an evil plan to destroy the Flash by gathering members of his Rogues Gallery to infiltrate the Flash Museum and cause trouble in it all to capture the Flash and set up bombs that would destroy Flash, the Rogues Gallery members, and the Flash Museum along with them. Flash's allies from the Justice League, which included Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, and Cyborg, showed up to help defuse the bombs before they went off, while Flash used his superspeed powers to defuse the last remaining bomb that would detonate in the museum and take out himself and Reverse Flash with him.
The Reverse Flash would be taken to jail by Superman, but somehow with the changing of the timeline by Barry Allen would escape and cause no end of trouble to Barry in the new alternate timeline, purposely giving Barry a Flash ring containing a Reverse Flash costume instead of his own as well as somehow helping to defend Lois Lane against Wonder Woman's army of Amazons on New Themyscira to attract his enemy's attention. When Barry regained his superpowers through the help of Thomas Wayne (Batman), he discovered that Reverse Flash was in this timeline as well, co-opting the Speed Force to prevent Barry from going into the timestream to change everything back, and went with Batman and Cyborg to New Themyscira to both stop the war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman, and to draw out the Reverse Flash. As the two speedsters fought with each other, the Reverse Flash revealed to the Flash that everything that was changed in the alternate timeline was Barry's fault, because he broke the time barrier with his superspeed all to prevent his mother Nora from dying at the hands of an unknown murderer, and thus with the breaking of the time barrier everything was changed. As the Reverse Flash continued to beat the Flash unto submission, he further taunted the Flash by allowing the destructive wake of Aquaman's weapon, the harnessing of Captain Atom's quantum power, to obliterate everything in its path, saying that as long as he is alive, there isn't enough energy in the Speed Force for Barry to change everything back. However, in his taunting, the Reverse Flash stood long enough for Batman to shoot a bullet through his head, putting an end to his life and allowing the Flash to have the energy needed to restore everything back to the original timeline.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Increased Perceptions: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Thawne was voiced by C. Thomas Howell.
- 1 Appearances of Eobard Thawne (Flashpoint Paradox)
- 1 Images featuring Eobard Thawne (Flashpoint Paradox)
- 1 Quotations by or about Eobard Thawne (Flashpoint Paradox)
- Character Gallery: Eobard Thawne (Flashpoint Paradox)