|Real Name||Eochaid Bres|
|Relatives||Elatha (father); Ériu (mother); Nuada Silverhand (sister)|
|Affiliation||Conclave of Twelve|
|Base Of Operations||Thierna Na Oge, Atlantis|
|Place of Birth||Thierna Na Oge, Atlantis|
|Creators||Neal Pozner, Craig Hamilton|
Bres was a citizen of the Atlantean lost city of Thierna Na Oge and a respected member of the Tuatha de Danaan. She served on the ruling city council known as the Conclave of Twelve under the leadership of her sister, King Nuada Silverhand. However, Bres was ambitious and coveted the throne for herself. She convinced the other eleven Conclave members that Nuada had fallen out of favor with the goddess, Dana, and needed to abdicate her seat.
Like many members of the Tuatha De Danann, Bres was capable of wielding great magic, but she was wild and untrained in the proper use of her power. Regardless, it was still enough to unseat her sister and declare herself the new King of Thierna Na Oge. Bres placed Nuada in a dungeon cell, but only after having her right arm torn off at the hands of a vicious Firbolg.
During this time, the Atlantean hero known as Aquaman discovered the lost city of Thierna Na Oge and embarked upon a quest to recover the stolen Royal Seal of Atlantis. King Bres' mages discovered Aquaman and, believing him to be a spy, quickly captured him, placing him inside the same cell with Nuada. With Aquaman's help, Nuada was able to escape from the dungeon and placed herself in self-imposed exile. Bres continued to rule over Thierna Na Oge for several years until Nuada returned to reclaim her rightful crown.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Atlantean Physiology: Although a splinter species of baseline humanity, Atlanteans have evolved over the centuries and have adapted physical characteristics that make them more suited for life beneath the sea. A common misconception is that Atlanteans are amphibious. While this is partially true to some extent, modern-day Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited duration before they begin to asphyxiate. Because Atlanteans have to adapt to living at varying pressure levels, their bodies are physically much heartier than the average human being.
- Sorcery: Bres can tap into the mystical energy of the Earth in order to wield a variety of supernatural effects. However, her flagrant and aggressive nature precludes her from ever becoming a truly focused mage.
- Leadership: Bres possesses great leadership skills and can command the respect of those in service to her.
- Diplomacy: She is likewise a master manipulator, and has used the art of diplomacy to satisfy her own selfish aims.
- Asphyxiation: Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited period of time or else they will dehydrate, asphyxiate and ultimately die.
- Zodiac Crystals: Bres has access to one of the original twelve Zodiac Crystals of pre-Cataclysm Atlantis. The crystal is housed inside of an artifact called the Lia Fail, and allows her access to even greater stores of magical energy.
- The ruling monarch of Thierna Na Oge is commonly referred to as King regardless of their gender.
- Eochaid Bres is also known as Eochu the Beautiful.
- 3 Appearances of Eochaid Bres (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Eochaid Bres (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Eochaid Bres (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eochaid Bres (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."