Freight Train was just an ordinary man with a meager existence until he was bitten by an alien parasite. Instead of dying like most victims, he was given incredible power, transforming into a newblood. Using this new power allowed him to become much more than ordinary. He quickly found out he could use his gifts to get paid and hurting people wasn't an issue. Somewhere along the way, he came into the employ of Simon Stagg. Stagg pitted Freight Train against the Outsiders. Stagg, however, wasn't very loyal to Freight Train. Soon, he switched sides and joined forces with the Outsiders to beat Stagg and his henchman Java.
- Kinetic Energy Absorption: Eric's powers revolve around his ability to absorb and store kinetic force within his body to increase his physical dexterity to new heights, offering him a host of superhuman powers.
- Freight Train's creator Dan DiDio has given two different names as his secret identity. In his earliest appearances, Simon Stagg called him Cecil. DiDio was later asked to give a full name for Freight Train on Twitter, and he gave the name Eric Moran. This is the name of a well-known cosplayer. DiDio named Freight Train after Eric Moran as a Christmas present. There are several possible explanations for this. It's possible Cecil is a middle name, or an alias. It's also possible that Freight Train's real name changed during a continuity reboot such as the recent Flashpoint.
- 17 Appearances of Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Eric Moran (Prime Earth)
|Outsiders member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the super-hero team known as the Outsiders, in any of its various incarnations. They are a black ops team dedicated to fighting evil and taking the fall in public opinion that bigger groups like the Justice League cannot, started by Batman to avoid being crippled by public relations needs. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Outsiders members" category.