Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Etrigan was a rhyming demon in the service of Lucifer. Not content with his life, he attempted a rebellion, which did not succeed. For his insolence and betrayal, he was banished to Belial's son Merlin, who had asked Hell for a means to protect Camelot. He fused Etrigan to the rebellious scribe Jason of Norwich, and they would walk Earth together, cursed to live with each other.
- Power Limitation: The more time Etrigan spends on earth the weaker he becomes. At some point he must return to hell in order to replenish his energies.
- Yellow Power Ring: (formerly)
- Etrigan was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Demon #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Etrigan first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Demon Knights #1 by Paul Cornell and Diogenes Neves.
- Etrigan is dating Madame Xanadu. But so is Jason Blood.
- Unlike his New Earth counterpart, Etrigan refuses to speak in rhymes. He sees it as a sign of a servant, since Satan himself does not and all powerful demons who serve under him do. For reasons unknown in the current timeline, Etrigan is rhyming as he had before Flashpoint, after the end of the Demon Knights. However, he is not beholden to this structure, and does break it when he feels he wants to.
- After Flashpoint, Jason Blood words to summon Etrigan has changed. The new words are "Concealed within the form of man. Release the demon, Etrigan!"
- 61 Appearances of Etrigan (Prime Earth)
- 32 Images featuring Etrigan (Prime Earth)
- 9 Quotations by or about Etrigan (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Etrigan (Prime Earth)
|Sinestro Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Sinestro Corps, chosen by Sinestro to counteract the Green Lantern Corps and spread terror throughout their sector with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Sinestro Corps members category."