The "Exploder" was thought to be a terrorist who attacked random targets in and around Metropolis, getting away before Superman could stop him. In reality, he was an agent of a race of immortal aliens. Bored of eternal life, one member set out to hide five artifacts on Earth millennia ago. The others searched for a long time before they found the right planet. Unfortunately, when the artifacts were buried, all the landmasses were merged in Pangaea. In order to find the correct pattern, they wanted to move the continents to their original location.
When Superman confronted them, the one the media had dubbed "the Exploder" argued since they were immortal, they could simply wait until Superman, and any heroic successor, died. Superman retrieved all the pieces, only to learn it was actually a map to the real treasure's location - on the "fifth planet". As that had been destroyed and formed the Asteroid belt, the aliens decided to continue their search at a later date.
- This version of Exploder, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Exploder (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Exploder (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Exploder (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Exploder (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."