"Bug Brothers (Part V of V)": After the terrible experience at Apartment 1256, Henry invites Mrs. Perez and her son Danielo to stay at his place until this mess gets sorted out. Henry's girlfriend, Laura, is not thrilled with thi
- The Key is to draw the enemy out... forcing him to reveal himself.
- -- Stretch
Appearing in "Bug Brothers (Part V of V)"
- Apartment 1256 tenants
- Harvey S. Mecklenburg (Behind the scenes)
- The Box
- Code-IV (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Bug Brothers (Part V of V)"
After the terrible experience at Apartment 1256, Henry invites Mrs. Perez and her son Danielo to stay at his place until this mess gets sorted out. Henry's girlfriend, Laura, is not thrilled with this arrangement. Uncomfortable with the situation, Henry decides to go to work even though it's his day off.
He arrives at Bug-Bee-Gone and talks with Nils. He tells him about Detective Hunter and that he doesn't think that Hunter bought his alibi. Nils is confident however that Henry is not responsible of the Draxx-related deaths. Henry accounts for his time and tells Nils about the recent incident at the Perez building. He tells him that he was trying to help them out by spraying their place down with Draxx, but the Draxx only seemed to have made the situation worse. Nils' research scientist, Saloth Sar, is present and tells them that the Draxx likely mutated the existing roaches. Nils decides to personally take a hand in this affair and employs the Code-IV – a controversial bio-agent developed during the Cold War.
Henry, Nils, Saloth and Stretch drive down to Apartment 1256. Dressed in full bodysuits and gas masks and armed with Code-IV, Henry and Stretch begin scaling the steps of the building. What they don't realize is that the tenants that Henry fought the previous day are back and looking to avenge themselves. They are armed with automatic weapons and are more than willing to gun Henry James down. Fortunately for the Bug Bros., an even larger problem awaits them. A plague of insects breaks through the thin walls of the building and attacks the exterminators and the tenants in waves. The machine-gun toting residents have little defense against the swarm and are consumed. Henry and Stretch set the Code-IV and Stretch exits the building. Henry doesn't get out in time and is present when the dangerous vapors fill the entire apartment complex. He appears to be fine however, and it looks as if all the bugs are dead. Henry goes outside and tells Nils and Stretch that it's all over. Stretch has a funny feeling though. He doesn't believe it's over. In fact, it has only just begun. Inside, one of the insects rises. It is mutated, and larger and more savage than before.
- The Exterminators is an ongoing comic book series published under DC's Vertigo imprint. The cover to each issue includes a "Suggested for Mature Readers" warning.
- This issue is reprinted in the Exterminators: Bug Brothers trade paperback.
- In this issue, Henry learns the truth about Stretch's arrangement with Harvey S. Mecklenburg and Mecklenburg's final fate from Exterminators #3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Exterminators Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Exterminators series
Links and References
- Exterminators article at Wikipedia
- Exterminators article at Grovel.org
- Exterminators article at Comic Book Resources
- Exterminators series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Exterminators series index at the Grand Comics Database Project