Faith was a substitution by Batman for the Justice League when the main members were transported thousands of years into the past. Of the numerous heroes to serve on the Justice League, Batman chose her along with Green Arrow, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Jason Blood, Major Disaster, and the Atom to replace the original members in a short tenure with Nightwing as the new leader.
The new Justice League confronted Gamemnae and eventually defeated her with the help of the original Justice League. Faith remained with the Justice League until she was bitten by vampires.
She revealed to Major Disaster that she was raised by the military and has worked with the Black-Ops group. The U.S. military continued to try to capture her and use her as a weapon.
She also served in the short reincarnation of Doom Patrol.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Telepathy: Faith has the ability to read the minds of others and project thoughts. By doing so she can keep telepathic communication between multiple teammates.
- Calming Aura: Batman has long noted her ability to create an aura of trust and confidence within the people around her, allowing a group to work together easily.
- Telekinesis: Faith has the ability to move objects with her mind and project her thoughts as physical attacks. She has been seen raising entire skyscrapers when needed and she once destroyed an entire fleet of alien spaceships.
- It is unknown if the bite she received from a vampire has turned her into one.
- She was often nicknamed by her teammates “the Fat Lady”, a reference to the line, “its not over until the fat lady sings’. When Faith was required in the combat zone, it truly was over.
- 40 Appearances of Faith (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Faith (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Faith (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Faith (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Doom Patrol member