- The Owl's mask, and the loot he was hoarding until he could fence it... Getzmore, you're the Owl!
- -- The Clock
Appearing in The Clock versus: "The Owl"
- Captain Kane
Synopsis for The Clock versus: "The Owl"
The Clock encountered his first masked opponent, Baldy Getzmore dba the Owl, who for 3 months had terrorized the city with his daring and atrocious crimes. One night the Clock broke into Getzmore's house, encountered Captain Kane and some police already there, persuaded the police to let him break into Getzmore's safe, did so, and found the incriminating evidence. The police go along with this, on the say-so of a masked man whose name they don't know. Baldy tries to run away; Captain Kane shoots him twice, in the legs.
. Actually we never even get to see Getzmore wearing his owly mask (that The Clock finds in his safe, along with a bunch of incriminating loot).
- The 4th and 5th amendments to the U.S.Constitution seem to pretty much not exist in most golden age stories, and especially so in the comic books from Quality Comics. Baldy Getzmore getting arrested on the say-so of an anonymous masked burglar is typical.
- This issue also features the first appearance of Gallant Knight by Vernon Henkel
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Feature Funnies Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Feature Funnies series
- Images from Feature Funnies Vol 1 7