Fel Andar came to Earth years ago as a sleeper agent for the planet Thanagar, eventually being called into active service and taking on the identity of 'Carter Hall Jr.', the previously unsuspected elder son of Carter Hall, the original Hawkman (who had at that time disappeared along with his comrades in the Justice Society of America) in the run up to an attempted invasion of Earth.
In 1947, the Thanagarian siblings known as Andar Nal and Andar Pul arrived on the planet Earth for the purpose of scientific study. Andar Nal met and fell in love with an Earth woman named Naomi O'Neill. The two were married and by 1948, they gave birth to a son, Fel Andar. Andar Nal brought his son back to Thanagar so that he could be raised in the customary Thanagarian tradition.
Many years later, the Thanagarians placed Fel Andar in charge of an undercover espionage mission on Earth. His objective was to gather as much information as he could obtain regarding Earth's offensive capabilities and report back to Thanagar. Thanagar in the meanwhile, were conspiring with several other alien races in an effort to amass an Invasion force to conquer Earth
Andar had taken a human wife, Sharon Parker who had borne him a son, Ch'al Andar (or, on Earth, 'Charley Parker'), who as a teenager became the hero Golden Eagle. When Andar began his masquerade as Carter Hall Jr., Sharon was brainwashed into believing she was Sharon Hall, AKA Hawkwoman. Fel and Sharon both became members of the Justice League International for a time, though Sharon eventually discovered Andar's true identity. He murdered her, but she lived long enough to warn the Martian Manhunter about his deception, and Andar was forced to flee Earth.
He was sentenced to life imprisonment for his failure on Thanagar, but got the opportunity to try to reconcile with his estranged son during the Rann-Thanagar War. By this time, Fel had renounced his past and wanted nothing more than peace, but he was murdered by Blackfire.
- Thanagarian Physiology: As a Thanagarian, Fel Andar possesses several gifts that are common to members of his race, but set him apart from normal humans. A Thanagarian's life span is significantly greater than that of a normal human being. In the prime of his life, Fel was actually older than many of Earth's senior citizens. A Thanagarian is also physically heartier than the average Earth human. They are stronger, with greater stamina and a greater resistance to pain. Thanagarians also possess enhanced senses.
Flight via Wings and Anti-Gravity Belt
- Fel Andar is an adaptation of Fell Andar created as a stand-in for the Earth-One Hawkman in Post-Hawkworld continuity, following the 1989 reboot of the character.
- 7 Appearances of Fel Andar (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Fel Andar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Fel Andar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Fel Andar (New Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Hawkman and Hawkgirl Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."