Felicity Smoak was the manager of a computer software firm in New York City. During one of the numerous metahuman battles that take place in Manhattan, the super-hero known as Firestorm inadvertently magnetized an expensive cache of software programs. This nearly destroyed Felicity's business and was one of several incidents in which she found herself enraged at the reckless hero. Following one particular confrontation, Firestorm retaliated against Felicity's accusatory behavior by transforming her clothes into soap suds. As a result, Felicity brought a lawsuit against Firestorm.
During this time, Felicity developed a romantic relationship with reporter Ed Raymond. She had no idea that Ed's son Ronnie comprised one-half of the Firestorm gestalt entity. When Ronald discovered that Felicity was seeing his father, his life became greatly discomforting. Over time, Felicity and Ed fell deeply in love and were married.
After her wedding to Ed Raymond, Felicity learned the truth about Ronnie Raymond's dual identity, but by this point, she had forgiven him for his past transgressions and came to support his career as Firestorm.
- Business Management: Felicity Smoak is an expert in many areas pertaining to business management.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Felicity Smoak is one of the few members of Firestorm's supporting cast whose initials are not an alliteration.
- 34 Appearances of Felicity Smoak (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Felicity Smoak (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Felicity Smoak (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Felicity Smoak (New Earth)
- Felicity Raymond at dccomics.com
- Felicity Raymond at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: Update '88 #4
- Felicity Smoak at DCU Guide