- Let me tell you about pity, Warden. Pity kills the soul. Pity can break your heart.
- -- Killer Frost
Appearing in "Frost Bite!"
- Bert Day
- Jacoby (prison warden) (Single appearance)
- Michaelson (prison guard) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Frost Bite!"
At Concord Federal Penitentiary, warden Jacoby goes into Killer Frost's cell to deliver news that the courts denied her final appeal. Suddenly, a power transformer malfunctions and the specially-designed cell keeping Killer Frost contained shuts off. Killer Frost escapes and kills warden Jacoby and several other guards.
Later, Harry Carew has lunch with Martin Stein. They return to Concordance Research and Harry convinces Quentin Quale to give Stein his old job back. Martin Stein learns that a company called Century Industries now owns Concordance Research.
In Washington DC, senator Walter Reilly of New York appears before a special judiciary panel. Senator Darcy accuses Reilly of selling his vote for the benefit of big business. Reilly doesn't tell them that Henry Hewitt had kidnapped his daughter Lorraine and had been blackmailing him to vote on the atomic research spending bill.
Back in New York, Killer Frost tracks Martin Stein down to a subway station. She chases him into the station and Martin is forced to change into Firestorm. When Firestorm circles about however, he finds that Killer Frost has gotten away.
- This issue takes place after Firestorm (Volume 2) Annual #1.
- Firehawk's origin is retold in flashback.
- This comic book contains advertisements for the following products:
- —Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Intellivison video game
- —Parker Brothers Q bert video game
- —Garcia Kingfisher spinning reel
- —Odyssey Probe 2000 series Power Lords video game
- —Columbia BMX muscle frame racers
- —Remco Sgt. Rock action figure accessories
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Firestorm Vol 2 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Firestorm series
- Images from Firestorm Vol 2 20