The true origin of the First Born is a secret held by the Gods of Olympus. According to them, the First Born was the very first child of Zeus and Hera. On the day of his birth, a prophecy was recited that some day he would sit upon the throne of his father with the rest of the family as corpses around him. To prevent this from coming to pass, Zeus ordered a witch to kill the baby. Hera pleaded with the witch for mercy and instead she left the the baby in a velt in Africa, to fend for itself.
Using its nascent power, he commandeered a pack of hyenas to bring it food. He grew to adulthood, and became strong. He eventually grew into a giant man and learned of his heritage. He sired a army of Human-Hyena hybrids to take control of countless civilizations and slew a dragon to gain special armor. He eventually tried to take over Olympus only for Poseidon to wipe out his army with a tidal wave and Zeus to bury him beneath the Earth. His armies were then taken by Hades.
Thousands of years later, after the disappearance of his father he broke free of the Earth's crust in Antarctica and was greeted by his half sister Cassandra and her group of scientists. He ate one of the scientists brains to learn modern English, then lets her join him in his goal of taking over Olympus.
- Animal Empathy: He could control hyenas as a baby to bring him food.
- Superhuman Strength: He has claimed that his fists are capable of leveling mountains. he has also fought toe to toe with Wonder Woman and pried open a boom tube.
- Invulnerability: He was able to crawl though the Earth's crust despite the heat and pressure. He was also able to withstand the full power of Apollo (the sun god) although he was horribly burnt as a result.
- Accelerated Healing
- Energy Absorption: After being burnt by Apollo he was able to dismember veins from his body to use as tentacles that drain life.
- Linguistic Assimilation: He can learn a language by eating someone's brain.
- 27 Appearances of First Born (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring First Born (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about First Born (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: First Born (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."