The First of the Fallen, also known as Satan, was created to be God's companion and the embodiment of His conscience. However, he soon came to believe that God was insane, and as a result was banished from Heaven and cast down to Hell, becoming the first of the many other angels would fall. He was joined shortly afterwards by the Second and Third of the Fallen, who the First assumed were beings like him when in truth they were merely very powerful demons. On the basis of his misunderstanding, the First assumes that the Second and Third share his power and that the establishment of a ruling triumvirate is the only way to prevent a disastrous war in Hell. The triumvirate lasts only until the next fourth banished angel from Heaven arrives: Lucifer, the most powerful being in existence next to God. However, once Lucifer abdicates, the triumvirate resumed their former positions, and the First regains his former title as Satan.
- Fallen Angel Physiology: As the first fallen angel and ruler of Hell, the First possesses great supernatural power.
- Dimensional Travel: The First of the Fallen has the ability to travel back and fourth from Hell and Earth at will.
- Energy Projection
- Immortality: As a fallen angel and ruler of Hell, the First is functionally immortal, and cannot die by any ordinary means.
- Mind Control: The First of the Fallen's presence alone, is enough to warp every human mind in creating chaos and bloodshed. He also has a degree of control over the sins of mortal men, as he managed to kill a group of fishermen using their own deviousness.
- Necromancy: The First of the Fallen has control over souls that are sold to him.
- Reality Alteration: The First of the Fallen possesses to ability to grant people wishes in exchange for their souls.
- Superhuman Durability: Like all angels, The First of the Fallen presumably possesses superhuman durability.
- Superhuman Stamina: Like all angels, The First of the Fallen presumably possesses superhuman stamina.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all angels, The First of the Fallen presumably possesses superhuman strength.
- Telekinesis: The First of the Fallen possesses the ability to manipulate the movement of objects, without touching them.
This character is an adaptation of Satan, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 36 Appearances of First of the Fallen (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring First of the Fallen (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about First of the Fallen (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: First of the Fallen (New Earth)
|Constantine Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of John Constantine in any of his various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Constantine Villains."