- Damn--you are four years older! Guess the days when I could pass for your double are over.
- -- Inertia
Appearing in "Speedquest, Chapter 2: Double or Nothing"
Synopsis for "Speedquest, Chapter 2: Double or Nothing"
Bart excitedly races to Las Vegas after receiving a message that Val was there waiting for him. However, upon arriving, he sees that it was a trap laid by Inertia. He is led out to the desert, where he is faced with a dilemma. Inertia gives him five seconds to choose between saving Val, who is strapped into a vest of C-4, or save himself from a photon cannon set to target the Speed Force. Bart successfully releases Val and outruns the cannon, managing to lead it around the entire globe and back again, destroying itself. However, Inertia teleports away before Bart can capture him. Afterwards, Bart and Val make love.
Mota reconstitutes himself after surviving Inertia's betrayal. He goes to Val, apologizing for his actions and saying that he has decided to focus on exacting his revenge on the speedsters who have caused him so much trouble. Bart arrives on the scene, only to be imprisoned inside the very atoms surrounding his body, frozen by Mota. Bart manages to escape by spinning at superspeed and captures the villain using a giant electromagnet.
Back in his home era, Inertia plans to build an army to fight Bart by recruiting several Rogues.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash: The Fastest Man Alive Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash: The Fastest Man Alive series
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes