"Those Who Worship Evil's Might": On Pan-Trans Flight #442, one of the passengers holds one of the flight crew hostage at gun point when he is hit by a invisible (to everyone on the plane) beam of energy. All his evilness is drained from his body and transferred to his shadow which becomes corpo
Appearing in "Those Who Worship Evil's Might"
- Saraar (Single appearance)
- Coast City
- Coast City Airport
- Ferris Aircraft
- Central City
- Central City Police Department, Forensics Lab
- Planet Dorag
- Pan-Trans Flight #442
Synopsis for "Those Who Worship Evil's Might"
On Pan-Trans Flight #442, one of the passengers holds one of the flight crew hostage at gun point when he is hit by a invisible (to everyone on the plane) beam of energy. All his evilness is drained from his body and transferred to his shadow which becomes corporeal, grabs his host's gun and shoots him. Meanwhile, Hal Jordan and Barry Allen have decided to spend some free time together to see if they can become friends in their secret identities like they seem to be as heroic colleagues. Hal waits at the airport for Barry's flight but Barry is not on it. Hal calls Barry at work where Barry has lost track of time. Hal uses his ring to bring Barry to the airport but Barry runs back, packs and returns on his own.
The two go to a party at Ferris Aircraft and while Hal mingles, Barry sits and people-watches. Dirk Boostrom is at the party and brags to Carol Ferris his "heroism" while on the aforementioned plane when his evil drains into his shadow-form and attacks him. Hal and Barry transform into their heroic personas and rescue Dirk and Carol from the shadow-creature. When Green Lantern suspects the voice of the shadow creature is actually another being talking through it, he plunges into the shadow. Flash follows and the two arrive on another planet (possibly called Dorag). As GL initiates his first contact procedures, the two are captured and transported to Saraar, the Science Minister. Saraar explains that his planet is at war with the Khunds. The Doragians are naturally peaceful and do not have the ruthlessness or aggression needed to fight off the invaders. Thus, Saraag has been stealing and absorbing the evil of Earthlings via a Psi-Virus. They originally tried to steal it from the Khunds but found them too protected.
While Saraar feeds, GL and Flash work together to free themselves from the Constrictor and wreck the Doragian machinery. The two transport back to Earth via the shadow creature and GL is able to disperse it with light from his ring. Flash realizes that the psi-virus was released on the plane. While GL recharges his ring, Flash goes to the airport and gets the passenger list from the plane. They track down each passenger and destroy their respective shadows. However, they realize too late that they have also become infected and their shadows attack them. Flash and Green Lantern have both lost their aggressiveness and desire to fight back but Flash remembers a saying that inspires GL enough that he is able to destroy their shadow-selves. The two decide to get some dinner after GL informs the Guardians of his latest adventure.
- This story tells the previously undocumented story of Hal Jordan and Barry Allen's first outting together as friends.
- Green Lantern tells Flash that there are first contact procedures all GL's must follow. They begin with sealing off their metabolisms to prevent possible disease transfers. Next is a sensor sweep to identify new life-forms.
- The villain's planet's true name is never mentioned but the villain refers to his race as "Doragians." Dorag is a possibility for the planet's name.
- Tegra's name is misspelled "Terga" in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold series
Links and References
- No external links.