"The Flash: "Circus Caper"": Flash rescues Nellie Craft from some crooks and recovers the payroll from her father's circus. Flash then goes to work for the circus to give them a starred attraction and keep them in business. The crooks return, but Flash intimidates them into giving up crime and j
Appearing in The Flash: "Circus Caper"
- Muggsy McGrew
- Nellie Craft
- Nellie's father, a circus owner
Synopsis for The Flash: "Circus Caper"
Flash rescues Nellie Craft from some crooks and recovers the payroll from her father's circus. Flash then goes to work for the circus to give them a starred attraction and keep them in business. The crooks return, but Flash intimidates them into giving up crime and joining the circus as clowns.
Appearing in Johnny Thunder: "Fireman's Folly"
- Captain Ember (Single appearance)
- Mildred Thunder
Synopsis for Johnny Thunder: "Fireman's Folly"
Johnny continues in his job at the fire department. With the aid of his Thunderbolt he is a successful fire fighter. The Thunderbolt puts out several fires using its magic, but after an hour Johnny loses control of the Thunderbolt and is unable to command it to put out a fire that is burning down the firehouse. When Johnny fails, the fire department fires Johnny.
Appearing in The Whip: "The Crooked Tax Collector"
- Wing Tai
- Padre Demo
- Mr. Chambers
- Mamie O'Daniels, Sean, and Jimmy (a cleaning woman, her son-in-law, and her grandson)
Synopsis for The Whip: "The Crooked Tax Collector"
Cleaning woman Mamie O'Daniels witnesses Mr. Chambers, the tax collector, robbing a safe. She reports him to the police, but Chambers blackmails her by kidnapping her grandson Jimmy.
- Padre Demo enlists the aid of the Whip to find Jimmy and rescue him. The Whip finds Chambers' hide-out and frees Jimmy from a well. Then he confronts Chambers, who is kicked over a cliff to his death by a horse.
Appearing in The King: "The Witch and the Hilton Jewels"
- The Witch
- Bull and an unnamed thug (the Witch's henchmen)
- Van Dorp and his men (a fence and some jewel thieves)
- Percival Hilton (a jewel owner)
Synopsis for The King: "The Witch and the Hilton Jewels"
The King witnesses the Witch rob a jewelry exhibit while he is undercover as a guard. He assumes the identity of her henchman in order to retrieve the jewels, but the Witch is robbed by Van Dorp, her fence. The King knocks out Van Dorp and takes his identity, and the jewels, returning them to their rightful owner.
Appearing in Hawkman: "The Hand"
- Sandra (Dies)
- Edward Thayer (Dies)
- Hand (Destroyed)
- Teddy Thayer
- Elwin Thayer (Appears only as a corpse)
- the priceless Everest Emerald
Synopsis for Hawkman: "The Hand"
Carter Hall visits his friend Elwin Thayer only to find him murdered, by a disembodied hand, made out of mist, which is self-propelled and can speak. The Hand's master is Thayer's brother Edward, who used it to steal a valuable emerald for his girlfriend Sandra. She then betrays and murders Edward, and takes the emerald for herself. Then the Hand teams with Hawkman to avenge its master, killing Sandra. Hawkman rescues Elwin's daughter and retrieves the emerald. At story's end, the Hand has been lost in a car crash.
- The Flash
- Circus Caper is reprinted in Golden Age Flash Archives 1.
- The Hand is reprinted in Golden Age Hawkman Archives 1.
- Hawkman gets another bullet wound in this story, when Sandra shoots him in the shoulder.
- The seemingly-supernatural Hand is last seen strangling Sandra as she drives a car off a cliff. We are expected to accept that it has simply been destroyed in the crash. We likewise never learn how it was created, nor how it can speak.
- Aside from the stories above, this issue contains:
- "Les Watts Radio Amateur" in "Adventure of the Tin Plate Princess" by Don Cameron
- "Cliff Cornwall Special Agent" in "Industrial Sabotage" by Ben Flinton and Leonard Sansone
- "Voice from the Sky" by Evelyn Gaines
- "Minute Movies. Secrets of Satan" by Ed Wheelan
- "Hooded Horror.. Flash "Picture Novelette"" by Ed Wheelan
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Comics Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash Comics series
- Images from Flash Comics Vol 1 15
Links and References
- No external links.