Appearing in "The Mystery of the Elongated Man!"
- Perry Veto (Single appearance)
- The Elongated Man (First appearance) (Origin)
Synopsis for "The Mystery of the Elongated Man!"
The Flash is at risk of losing the Central City Man of the Year award by the arrival of a new costumed hero named the Elongated Man. The Elongated Man is really Ralph Dibny, who as a young boy was interested in the abilities of Indian Rubber Men as a child, and learned the secret to their streching abilities: A rare tropical fruit extract which is found in Gingold Soda Water. Extracting some of this fruit extract, Ralph gained amazing stretching powers and took on the costumed identity.
When a series of thefts occur in the city, the Flash gets involved in their search, pitting him in a fight against the Elongated Man when the Flash believes him to be the crook. However, after the fight, Elongated Man takes Flash to the hideout of the real crooks, clearing his name. The two become fast friends, and at the end of their first adventure together they are both named Man of the Year.
Appearing in "Danger on Wheels!"
- The Big Ace Company
- Miss Grant (Single appearance)
- Ralph Parker (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Danger on Wheels!"
After class, Wally learns that his teacher Ms. Grant has to postpone her wedding with Ralph Parker following his construction company being out bidded in building a new school house by another company. That night, while Wally is walking home, he sees Ralph getting roughed up by some thugs, and chases them off as Kid Flash.
When asking Ralph who may have sent people to attack him, Ralph figures it might be the Go-Mobile company, who sells go-carts to kids that as a member of a Youth Council, Parker was trying to have banned due to accidents. Kid Flash checks it out and finds that the company closed up shop and left. Figuring it may be the construction company that is building the new school, Kid Flash and Parker check it out and find that the new school has been poorly assembled. They also find the thugs who attacked Parker earlier. Kid Flash easily defeats them and the crooked contractors plot is foiled. Parker gets the building job and Kid Flash helps with the construction of the new school.
- "The Mystery of the Elongated Man!" is reprinted in Flash (Volume 1) Annual #1, DC Special Series #19, Flash Archives, Volume 2, Flash Chronicles, Volume 2 and Showcase Presents: Elongated Man #1.
- The Flash chronologically appeared last in JLA: Year One #6. He chronologically appears next in JLA: Year One #7. His next actual appearance is in Brave and the Bold (Volume 1) #28.
- The origin of the Elongated Man is revealed in this issue. He makes a chronologically earlier appearance in Secret Origins (Volume 2) #30. He appears next in the second story in Flash #115.
- No trivia.
- Flash gallery
- Flash's villains list
- Flash quotes page
- Elongated Man image gallery
- Elongated Man quotes page
- Kid Flash image gallery
- Kid Flash quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Vol 1 112 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash series
Links and References
- Flash (Barry Allen) article at Wikipedia
- Flash (Barry Allen) biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Flash (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database