"The Black Flash, Part 2": Wally West discovers Linda Park is still alive and asks her to marry him. She agrees and one month later, they get married. Then Wally realizes he is just hallucinating and Linda really is dead. He attends Linda's funeral and Linda's mother slaps Wally, calling
Appearing in "The Black Flash, Part 2"
- Flash (Jay Garrick)
- Jesse Quick
- John Park
- Linda Park (In dream sequence only)
- Lisa Park (Called "Lucille" in this story)
- Max Mercury
- Black Flash
- Manhunter sleeper agent
- Characters appearing only in a dream:
- Barry Grodd
- Cadet Cold
- Captain Slingshot
- Mirror Miss
- Weather Whiz-Kid
- Pied Piper
- Teen Titans
- The Tornado Triplets (In dream sequence only)
- Justice League Watchtower
Synopsis for "The Black Flash, Part 2"
Wally West discovers Linda Park is still alive and asks her to marry him. She agrees and one month later, they get married. Then Wally realizes he is just hallucinating and Linda really is dead. He attends Linda's funeral and Linda's mother slaps Wally, calling him a murderer.
A month later, Captain Boomerang is engaged in some industrial espionage at WayneTech Enterprises in Keystone City, when Jesse Quick arrives on the scene. He tells her he has strapped Jay Garrick to a stealth boomerang that should leave Earth's atmosphere in one minute. Jesse takes off after Jay. She crushes the boomerang and Jay dives into the city reservoir, disabling a canister of anthrax bacilli that Captain Cold had planned to release into the city's water supply.
After the Rogues have been caught, Jesse walks into Wally's house to find him watching the news. Wally is selling the house and he tells Jesse he is moving to Scotland, where he will teach science at Edinburgh University. She asks him to reconsider. Wally gives Jesse the ring he was planning to give to Linda when he proposed marriage.
At the airport, Wally is getting ready to get on the plane when Bart Allen secures him in chains at super speed to keep him from leaving. Bart removes the chains when Wally asks him to, and they go have some hamburgers. The world then freezes and the Black Flash appears before Wally.
- No special notes.
- Jesse Quick runs up the Infantino Tower, a nod to former Flash artist Carmine Infantino.
- Wally has notes to send thank you cards to the JLA, Brian Augustyn, Mark Waid, Paul Ryan, John Nyberg, Grant Morrison, Gaspar Saladino, Tom McCraw, L.A. Williams and Paul Kupperberg. He also has a note to read "Impulsive Reactions," the letter column in Impulse.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Vol 2 140 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash series
- Images from Flash Vol 2 140
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- No external links.