Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Invaded Lives, Part One": Wally West, powerless and now even homeless, begs people on the street for quarters so he can call the Titans and figure out what is going on with the alien invasion. He is patched through instead to the [[Justice League International (New Ea
- Don't hang up! You don't know what I have to go through to get these quarters!
- -- Wally West
Appearing in "Invaded Lives, Part One"
Synopsis for "Invaded Lives, Part One"
Wally West, powerless and now even homeless, begs people on the street for quarters so he can call the Titans and figure out what is going on with the alien invasion. He is patched through instead to the JLI headquarters, and finally gets in touch with Booster Gold.
Wally is reunited with his mother Mary and Chunk, and is then briefed by the military on the situation. He and Chunk are sent to investigate a Manhunter broadcast that arrived from Cuba, possibly from Wally's father Robert.
Their plane is shot down over Cuba, and after fighting a Durlan, they discover Fidel Castro hiding away in the jungle. He had been attacked and escaped Havana, and shapeshifting Durlans had taken over, masquerading themselves as Castro and his closest aides.
Rudy West arrives at Castro's camp and declares that the Manhunters are also fighting the Durlans. That night, it is revealed that one of Castro's sergeants is really a Durlan, as she attempts to kill Wally. This creates a brief panic in the camp as they realize anyone could be a Durlan.
Chunk and Wally investigate a nearby alien matter transporter, designed to transport materials to Cuba to making it a staging ground for an assault on North America. They report back to camp, where Wally devises a plan. He runs into Havana with Castro on his back, and replaces the Durlan who had been disguised as Castro with the real Castro in the middle of giving a speech. The real Castro subsequently tells all the Durlans to reveal their true forms, giving the Cuban people a chance to know who their enemies are and fight back.
The plan works, and Wally prepares to head back to the United States.
- This issue is an Invasion! First Strike extra, and a tie-in to the larger story told in the Invasion! miniseries. These crossovers take place in between Invasion! #1 and Invasion! #2, largely dealing with the Alien Alliance's assault on Earth and the way heroes around the world were participating in the initial war effort.
- Manhunter is behind the scenes in this issue, and saves the Flash's life on a number of occasions without being seen. His involvement in the story is explained in Manhunter #8 which runs concurrently with this issue. This team-up continues into Invasion! #2, then goes into Flash #22 and Manhunter #9 before concluding in Invasion! #3.
- Oberon gets angry at the Flash for snubbing an offer of membership into the Justice League. This happened in an earlier issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Vol 2 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash series
- Images from Flash Vol 2 21
- The Flash Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Flash Official Website
- Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
- Flash Index at Crimson Lightning
- Flash at TV Tropes
- Invasion! at Wikipedia.org
- Invasion! at the DCU Guide